TechTalk eNews: December 2022
- UA Center for Innovation and the Industrial Development Authority of the City of Sierra Vista support startups through sponsorship collaboration
- Terkel guest post: 12 tips to implement keynote speaking into your personal business strategy
- UA launches Mission Integration Lab at new UA Tech Park at The Bridges
- University of Advancing Technology guest post: Lend a helping hand with Professor Brendly Singleton
- Biden highlights Arizona’s manufacturing growth at TSMC visit
- M Catering among founders of new organization forming in hospitality
- BestCompanies AZ launches a new diversity talks podcast series
- Digital Air Strike marks 10+ years as approved General Motors partner
- ASU and Mexico partner to boost semiconductor production in North America
- Arizona Tech Investors announces new CEO
- 5 best nonprofits in Arizona, according to BestCompanies AZ
- Digital Air Strike launches thought leadership training for business clients
- Impact Sales Advisors shares answers to 5 sales management questions
- Tucson-based Phantom Space wins satellite mission orders from NASA
- BBB Pacific Southwest announces Greater Arizona’s 2022 Torch Awards for Ethics winners
- Arizona Commerce Authority announces finalists for the 2022 Arizona Innovation Challenge
Are you a Phoenix-based, tech company CEO looking for a network of CEOs to grow, problem solve and collaborate with?
The Council is excited to build on the success of its Tucson CEO Network by launching a Phoenix CEO Network in January 2023! CEOs will convene monthly for a half day in central Phoenix to follow the Vistage model of executive coaching and peer advisory. Apply today to access an exclusive space that will encourage you, challenge you and invest in your personal and professional success and well being.
Learn more and apply to be part of the Phoenix CEO Network by Jan. 9 HERE.
Don’t wait until the New Year to register for the 2023 Phoenix Golf Tournament on January 18! Save your spot today.
It’s time to sign up for a 7:30am shotgun start at The Legacy Golf Club on Wednesday, January 18. This scramble-format tournament will give you the opportunity to rub elbows with Arizona’s golf-loving movers and shakers in the local technology community. Bring your clubs, bring your game and get ready to win some contests! Sponsorships are still available for anyone interested.
AZTC’s Q3 Impact Report shows AZ ranks 12th in nation in tech industry diversity
The Council released its Q3 2022 Arizona Technology Industry Report, which highlights Arizona’s ranking as 12th in the U.S. in technology industry diversity.
My View: A warm welcome to the neighborhood, TSMC
When the president, governor, mayor, members of Congress and industry titans show up to help turn on the lights in your new digs, what do you do? Celebrate, of course. Read Council President + CEO Steve Zylstra’s latest article to learn about TSMC’s big milestone event.
Water wisdom: AZ’s water security depends on smart policy and tech innovation
Flip to pages 56-58 of the December 2022 issue of Green Living Magazine to see Steve Zylstra and Doran Miller discuss the need for smart policy and technology innovation to sustain Arizona’s water future.
The Council’s Political Action Committee advocates for tech companies at the local, state and federal level, vets political candidates and endorses those with track records in supporting pro-tech legislation. Support the PAC to take a stand for technology and bolstering Arizona’s economic recovery.
Homegrown hospitality technology company and AZTC Contributing Sponsor, Qwick, recently celebrated its fifth anniversary.
Hear from Qwick Co-Founder and CEO, Jamie Baxter, as he reflects on lessons learned and the road ahead in this feature in Inc. Read more HERE.
Wondering what allyship truly looks like and how it can impact diversity, equity and inclusion at your workplace?
Swing by the next Tech Inclusion Forum on Tuesday, January 24 to get all your questions about allyship answered. You’ll hear from Robin S. Reed of the Black Chamber of Arizona, Angela Hughey of ONE Community, Monica Villalobos of the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Patricia Davis of Defeat Racism at Work and Jackie Mattox of Women in Electronics.
The sixth annual Arizona Photonics Days is right around the corner! Make plans to be in Tucson from January 25-27.
If you’re looking to connect with local and global leaders in optics and photonics, join the Arizona Technology Council and Optics Valley at the sixth annual Arizona Photonics Days taking place from January 25-27 in Tucson. The conference offers technical presentations in six application areas and plenty of networking and company pitches to discover new business and supplier opportunities.
Kick off 2023 by joining the Council for its Q1 VIP Tech Mixer on Thursday, January 26 in Tucson.
Kick off 2023 by joining the Council for its Q1 VIP Tech Mixer on Thursday, January 26 at Tech Parks Arizona Tucson. You won’t want to miss out on this evening of reconnecting with Southern Arizona’s technology community and the Council’s board members. Tech Parks Arizona creates the place, environment and interactive ground that generates, attracts and retains technology companies and talent in alignment with the research, mission and goals of the University of Arizona.
- ElectraMeccanica relocates headquarters from Canada to Mesa
- This three-wheel vehicle to be built in Mesa can’t fit a family, but it can deliver pizzas
- Arizona EV battery maker expanding Tucson plant after years of development
- Southern AZ voters overwhelmingly support copper mining in AZ
- SRP approves new East Valley solar generating facility
- Dimensional Energy plans hiring after opening Arizona facility
- Education group launches solar technician course for Amazon employees
- $1 billion battery manufacturing plant proposed for southern Arizona
- Climate change could make rare heatwaves commonplace by 2050
- Regional clean hydrogen hub develops in Desert Southwest
- Nikola‘s federal loan application for Valley hydrogen hub advances
- KORE Power poised to break ground on Valley battery manufacturing plant by end of 2022
- Capital raise of $75M is milestone for construction of KOREPlex, the lithium-ion battery gigafactory scheduled to break ground in Arizona Q4 2022
- Lectric eBikes offers viable transportation solution despite inflation and supply chain disruptions
P.S. CLICK HERE to learn more about the federal energy and infrastructure-related grants and opportunities in Arizona from Q4-Q1 (present through February 28, 2023) as part of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and the Inflation Reduction Act.
2022 PLATINUM SPONSORS
2022 VISIONARY & CONTRIBUTING SPONSORS
AGM Container Controls | Alliance Bank | Arizona Public Service | AudioEye | Blue Canoe Marketing | BlueYonder | Caterpillar | cStor | Encora | Involta | Keap | Meta | Metz & Associates PLLC | Michael Beach Consulting | MSS Business Transformation Advisory | Pacific Office Automation | Pima Community College | Qwick | Rincon Research | Solugenix | Sun Corridor Inc. | Tech Parks Arizona | Waymo
Register for the Council’s upcoming Phoenix and Tucson tech events and Optics Valley optics + photonics events.