The word Ally has been overused and is often misused. Please join us for a lively and informative presentation and panel discussion featuring local experts from the non-profit diversity, equity, and inclusion communities.
Moderator Robin Reed, CEO of Black Chamber of Arizona and Co-founder of EmFluent, will headline the event with an engaging view of What is Allyship and Why is it important, and then will probe deeper with our panel of experts:
- Angela Hughey, President, One Community
- Monica Villalobos, CEO, Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Patricia Davis, CEO, Defeat Racism at Work
- Jackie Mattox, Founder and CEO, Women in Electronics
We will reserve time for Q&A from the attendees.
- Understand the concept of Allyship and characteristics of an Ally
- Learn strategies for becoming an effective ally
- Understand the impact that the proactive Allyship can have on diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace
Who should attend
This event is intended for CEOs, Business Leaders, DEI Leaders, HR executives, Entrepreneurs as well as anyone seeking to become a more proactive ally in achieving a more diverse, equitable and inclusive business reality.
3:15 – 3:30 Registration
3:30 – 3:45 Welcome and Allyship Overview
3:45 – 4:40 Panel Discussion
4:40 – 5:00 Q+A
5:00 – 5:30 Happy Hour and Networking