ARIZONA TECHNOLOGY COUNCIL
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE POLICY, YOU SHOULD NOT — USE THIS INTERNET WEBSITE (OUR “SITE”). WE MAY MODIFY THE POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME AND POST THOSE MODIFICATIONS HERE. YOUR CONTINUED — USE OF THE SITE AFTER ANY SUCH MODIFICATION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
If you wish to be notified of any modifications to the Policy by email, please click here and provide a valid email address. You understand and agree that you will be bound by all such modifications, if any, regardless of whether you provide such email address.
1. INFORMATION. AZTC obtains information from and about you in a number of different ways, including:
A. General Information. Some information (“General Information”) is gathered automatically when you access the Site. This General Information (which includes Site pages visited, type of web browser used, type of operating system, and the domain name of your Internet service provider, and similar information) does not identify you personally.
B. Personal Information. Some information that may be identifiable as yours (your “Personal Information”) is not gathered automatically at the Site. If you wish to provide Personal Information, you must do so voluntarily, and may do so in a number of different ways. The following are some of the kinds of Personal Information AZTC gathers:
(i) Registration Information. When you register at the Site, you will be asked for certain Personal Information, such as your name, your street mailing address, your email address, and other information;
(ii) Third Party Information. When you register at a third party website, and provide Personal Information to such third parties, AZTC may (pursuant to agreements between AZTC and those third parties) obtain such information to populate AZTC Site registration forms for use when you hyperlink to the Site; and
(iii) Email Information. When you send us email messages, we may retain the content of your email messages, together with your email address and our response to you.
2. GENERAL — USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. AZTC uses and discloses your information as follows:
A. General Information. AZTC uses and discloses General Information to understand Site demographics and content preferences, and shall do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party. In particular, AZTC may provide General Information about our customers, sales, Site traffic patterns and related information to our affiliates or third parties;
B. Personal Information. As further provided in SECTION 3 (“OTHER — USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION”), AZTC uses and discloses to our business partners and affiliates Personal Information for purposes of administering AZTC business activities, providing customer service to you and other AZTC customers and prospective customers from AZTC and those business partners and affiliates. This may include focused advertising, online banner advertisements, new services, promotions and other responses to you. AZTC may also use and disclose Personal Information to notify you about important changes to the Site or our business, new AZTC services and special offers you may find valuable. AZTC shall protect your Personal Information from disclosure to third parties using a reasonable degree of care; and
C. Cookie Information. AZTC uses and discloses Cookie Information to improve our Site and better serve you and our other customers, and may do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party.
3. OTHER — USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. AZTC may enter into agreements with third parties who may be given access to Personal Information for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you. We may also disclose any of your information when legally compelled to do so, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. The following are some of the ways in which we may use your Personal Information or disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
A. Registration Information. AZTC may transfer the Personal Information you provide AZTC during the Site registration process to third parties for those parties to use to populate their own website registration forms when you hyperlink from the Site to their websites, in order to save you time in filling out their registration forms. Such third party websites may include websites that are owned by third parties or that are “co-branded” sites of AZTC;
B. “Pre-Population” Information. When you come to the Site from a third party website, or when you hyperlink from the Site to a third party website, and in either case provide Personal Information at that third party website, AZTC may obtain that Personal Information (pursuant to an agreement between AZTC and that third party), and use that Personal Information to populate Site registration forms in order to save you time filing out Site registration forms; and
C. Shared Registration Information. When you register at the Site, you may be given the opportunity to register simultaneously at the websites of certain third parties. Unless you opt out of this opportunity by checking or clicking on the icon indicated on the Site, you will be deemed to have consented to such simultaneous registration, and shall therefore be subject to the privacy policies, if any, of such third party website.
4. SECURITY. You understand and agree that “perfect” security does not exist anywhere, including the Internet. When you send credit card information to us at the Site, we use a technology called Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) or Secure Electronic Transaction (“SET”) to encrypt this information between your computer and our server. Other Personal Information you send to us at the Site, however, including any email messages, will not be encrypted unless we advise you otherwise.
5. MERCHANT SERVICES. You may be able to access certain information related to third parties at the Site, or via links, banner ads, or “click-throughs” from the Site, regarding the goods or services of third parties (collectively, “Merchant Services”). You understand and agree that your access to or use of Merchant Services is a matter entirely between you and the associated third parties, and AZTC shall have no liability whatsoever for any such access or use.
6. COMMUNITY. The Site may enable you to share Personal Information in community areas on the Site such as message boards, mailing lists and directories. If you disclose Personal Information in such areas, you agree to use common sense and reasonable care. In all cases, you understand and agree that such Personal Information may be used and disclosed by others without restriction.
7. QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS. You may direct any questions or comments about this Site to AZTC by email at email@example.com or by calling (602) 343-8324.
Copyright © 2009 Arizona Technology Council
All Rights Reserved
Arizona Technology Council
One Renaissance Square, Suite 750
Phoenix, Arizona 85004