TechTalk eNews: January 2024
- GrinGO App forges strategic alliance with Mexico’s SECTUR
- Brevir Solutions unveils the secrets to startup success at IEEE Conference
- As Uber-Waymo partnership grows in Arizona, passengers see upside
- Intel stock reaches heights not seen in nearly two years
- Financing received to enable continued growth and development of EdgeCore data center campus in mesa
- How the Arizona Commerce Authority helps grow and support local small businesses
- The University of Arizona Incubator Network collaborates with Spencer Fane to sponsor Startup Success
- ASU first to collaborate with OpenAI to enhance teaching and learning
- University of Arizona Tech Parks celebrates 30 years of innovation, growth, and success
- FPT hits high level revenue in global IT services for the first time
- Katie Schwertz and Mary Turner of Edmund Optics receive prestigious SPIE awards
- Lucid Motors, Arizona-based EV company, announces facility expansion, SUV
- Education Foundation will honor those impacting Peoria Unified, including AZTC member Center for the Future of Arizona
- Salt River Project innovates new storage plan
Join us for a day of advocacy at the Arizona State Capitol
At Ceres Day at the Capitol 2024, in partnership with Advanced Energy United and the Arizona Technology Council, come connect with your state legislators and leading businesses representing various investments in clean energy and electrification in the value chain stages to discuss:
- • How Arizona can strategically position itself in a competitive arena to attract key technologies pivotal for energy security, cost savings and cleaner air from reduced pollution.
• What opportunities exist today to grow domestic EV manufacturing and supply chains
• Lessons for policymakers seeking to leverage and attract the clean economy investment surge as federal tax credits, grants, and loan programs motivate auto companies, battery producers, and component manufacturers to undertake substantial investments in U.S. manufacturing capacity.
• Date: Monday, February 12th, 11:30-1:30pm (MST)
• Location: Senate Democratic Caucus Room, Arizona State Capitol
1700 W Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Check out the Council’s January episode of AZ TechCast to hear valuable lessons in leadership.
In the first AZ TechCast episode of 2024, we dove into the dynamic world of leadership. We were joined by esteemed guests Victor Assad, CEO of Victor Assad Strategic HR Consulting; Carol Stewart, Vice President of Tech Parks Arizona; and Art Taylor, PayPal’s Vice President of Global Compliance Investigations. These three shared their secrets to effective leadership as well as valuable perspectives from their experiences in their respective careers. This hour-long episode provided a compass for both aspiring and seasoned professionals navigating the complexities of leadership in the ever-evolving tech landscape.
Meet Anne Doughtery, Co-Founder and Co-Owner of ILLUME
In this edition of Tech Focus Member Spotlight, we meet Anne Dougherty, Co-Founder and Co-Owner of ILLUME, a research consultancy serving the clean energy industry. In her executive role, Anne leads ILLUME’s brand vision, business development, and market strategy, and charts the course for ILLUME’s technical service areas.
Explore the future of Arizona’s aerospace industry with us in February!
Join the Arizona Technology Council and Venture Café Phoenix on Thursday, February 15th, to explore the thriving aerospace industry in Arizona. This event will showcase the state’s rich history in aerospace, with giants like Boeing, Honeywell, and Raytheon having a strong presence for decades. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to learn from emerging aerospace innovators who are bringing new perspectives, solutions, and technologies to this lucrative industry.
Network + Learn with Southern Arizona Women in the Workforce
Join us Feb 16 for a winetasting tour plus a showcase of female owned businesses (including a few wineries). We will hear success and failure stories from local business owners who have applied for SBIR/STTR grants and get helpful insights on how to succeed.
Mark your Calendars! February Phoenix after5 Mixer at 10 to 1 Public Relations
The Arizona Technology Council and 10 to 1 Public Relations are hosting the February after5 Tech Mixer on Wednesday, February 21 at 10 to 1 Public Relations in Scottsdale. Mark your calendars and plan to join members and non-members of the Arizona Technology Council for this fantastic networking event featuring great food, beer, and wine!
My View: How the Legislature can support Arizona’s economic balancing act
Read what Steve Zylstra, Council President and CEO believes the Arizona Legislature can do this session to support the state’s economy.
Arizona Technology Council Elects Lisa Rehurek to Board of Directors and Appoints Two Current Members to New Positions
The Arizona Technology Council announced it has appointed Lisa Rehurek, founder and CEO of the RFP Success Company, to its board of directors.
The Council’s Political Action Committee advocates for tech companies at the local, state and federal level, vets political candidates and endorses those with track records in supporting pro-tech legislation. Support the PAC to take a stand for technology and bolstering Arizona’s economic recovery.
Get ready fore it! 2024 Phoenix Golf Tournament
There’s still time to apply! Applications are now open to join the Council’s Phoenix-based CEO network. If you own, founded, lead or otherwise serve as the head of your company, this network is for you.
Not a CEO but interested in this networking opportunity? If we receive enough interest, the Council is open to creating additional peer-to-peer networks for other company leadership positions (think CIO, CISO, CMO, start-ups, etc).
We are committed to equipping industry member technology company leaders with the resources, network and support they need to lead with purpose and confidence. Join us!
2024 CEO Leadership Retreat – SAVE THE DATE!
Join the Arizona Technology Council and Arizona Commerce Authority for the 17th annual CEO Leadership Retreat on August 5-6 in the magical red rocks of Sedona, AZ. Whether you’re a CEO, C-suite leader, president, business leader or entrepreneur, this two-day retreat will give you the opportunity to meet other Arizona leaders, learn from their experiences and find the inspiration to prepare your organization for future success.
The Council can be your one-stop shop for comprehensive healthcare and retirement benefits.
From our comprehensive health insurance product bundle managed by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona and DiMartino & Associates to the flexible and low-maintenance 401(k) Multiple Employer Plan offered by Empower and Legacy Wealth Management, the Council can be your one-stop shop for comprehensive employee benefits. Learn more about the Council’s Association Health Plan HERE and our 401(k) Multiple Employer Plan HERE.
Looking to better protect your IT infrastructure in 2024? Check out AZTC member organization and Premier Sponsor AccountabilIT. As both your MSSP and MSP, they have the expertise to correctly configure your network, remediate problems, and provide ongoing, holistic support.
- Mesa unveils Arizona’s first all-electric North American style fire truck by E-ONE
- Sedona launches sustainable neighborhoods pilot program
- SRP adding one of Arizona’s biggest windfarms north of Flagstaff
- Semiconductor, clean energy industries saw major wins in 2023
- Here’s how Goodyear is leading the way when it comes rooftop solar panels
- SRP pursues plan to use solar, hydro energy to power thousands of Arizona homes
- Biden-Harris Administration announces significant funding across Arizona for clean school buses as part of the Investing in America agenda
- Arizona becomes a magnet for green projects
- Biden awards significant funding to states, local governments and tribes to build EV charging network
- Tucson elementary schools are localizing climate change with hopeful environmental education
- Significant funding going to Mesa for installation of dozens of electric vehicle charging ports
- ‘One of the biggest of its kind’ power storage plant being built in Phoenix
- SRP offering 2 free shade trees for qualifying Valley residents
- Arizona investing in ‘first of its kind’ training for TSMC and clean energy jobs
CLICK HERE to learn more about the federal energy and infrastructure-related grants and opportunities in AZ from present through April 30, 2024 as part of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and the Inflation Reduction Act.
2024 PLATINUM SPONSORS
2024 VISIONARY & CONTRIBUTING SPONSORS
AGM Precision Machining | Alliance Bank | APS | Blue Canoe Marketing | Caterpillar | Full Swing Studios | Involta | Keap | Meta | Metz & Associates PLLC | MicroAge | MSS Business Transformation Advisory | Pima Community College | Rincon Research | Solugenix | Sonora Quest Laboratories | Sun Corridor Inc. | Tech Parks Arizona
Register for the Council’s upcoming Phoenix and Tucson tech events and Optics Valley optics + photonics events.