Meet Angelica Espinoza, the Arizona Technology Council’s bookkeeper. In her years of working for the Council, Angelica has become known for being family oriented, having great attention to detail and for being very good with numbers! Here’s your chance to find out more about Angelica and what led her to her role at the Council!
- Where are you originally from?
I’m from Ciudad Juárez in Mexico.
- Where did you go to school and what did you study?
I started college at Elgin Community College and then studied marketing at the University of Phoenix.
- How did you start your career?
I started in the accounting field when my youngest daughter was born and I decided to stay home with her. A friend and I started our own LLC doing bookkeeping for small schools. I liked it so much that I decided to stay in that field and gain more knowledge.
- How long have you worked for the Council?
Almost four years – I started in December of 2018.
- What are some of your role’s primary responsibilities?
A lot of things keep me busy, but my main responsibilities are processing and maintaining accurate accounts payable and accounts receivable, reconciling with the bank, maintaining credit card accounts and intercompany accounts and keeping our association management software and accounting software reconciled.
- What do you love most about working for the Council?
I really like the people I work with, the generous PTO and the flexibility that comes with the job.
- What are some of your favorite hobbies?
I love dancing, singing and hiking.
- What are some of your favorite things to do in Phoenix?
I love going on little camping adventures up north with my family. We all love hiking and finding spots to enjoy the water.
- Who is someone in your life that you look up to the most and why?
My husband. He manages to surprise me all the time. He can fix anything! Okay, not anything but if anything needs fixing, he won’t stop until he can figure it out. If he finds out that it’s something he can do himself, he will teach himself if he needs to and will get it done. If he knows he can’t do it on his own, then he asks for help. He amazes me with all the things he can do.
- What is one little-known fact about Angelica Espinoza?
I am very loud, but I think I have managed to keep it a secret at the Council. 🙂
Register for the Council’s upcoming Phoenix and Tucson tech events and Optics Valley optics + photonics events.