Guest post by OneNeck It Solutions
Business Agility and Cloud
An article on CIO.com by Craig Le Claire, VP and principal analyst at Forrester Research, defines business agility as the quality that allows an enterprise to embrace market and operational changes as a matter of routine.
Business agility can improve an organization’s overall efficiency, lower its costs, foster innovation and give them the ability to quickly create new products and services. Cloud services are one of the most utilized tools for enabling these business goals.
According to Harvard Business Review’s cloud survey, business agility leads the list of drivers for adopting cloud, with nearly a third of respondents (32 percent) saying it was their primary reason for pursuing cloud.
It’s clear that the cloud helps organizations get to market faster with new products and services and shortens the time for new business launches. And, by leveraging cloud, companies are reaping the benefits around speed, simplification and connecting people and data—all things that enable agility.
Benefits of Cloud
The value of IT is measured by the value it delivers to the business. When IT can meet business needs in real time and be ready before the business even knows what it needs, its value increases.
To deliver value, you must scale when needed and provide technology services while keeping security and compliance in the forefront, all within the limits of your existing budgets, personnel, and processes.
However, it is challenging to address today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities with yesterday’s infrastructure. An IaaS cloud solution empowers your organization with the flexibility to meet tomorrow’s opportunity today.
The cloud can help you:
- Increase your Speed to Market: The cloud allows organizations to decrease the time it takes to provision IT infrastructure, speeding delivery of IT projects that are critical to revenue growth or cost reduction. While a physical server could take days or weeks to procure and provision, a cloud server takes minutes. Faster time to market means faster time to revenue.
- Achieve Flexibility and Scalability: The cloud is flexible allowing businesses to scale resources up or down to meet their needs. Resources are available when you need them with no need to maintain excess capacity on your premises.
- Reduce Complexity: The cloud reduces business complexity by simplifying internal operations and enabling greater automation.
- Automate the Allocation of Resources: Cloud simplifies provisioning, de-provisioning and re-deploying resources through automation.
- Enable Faster Innovation: The cloud helps organizations support an increased pace of product development that better aligns IT infrastructure and management costs with the goals and objectives of the business.
- Free Up Resources: The time IT spends managing and supporting cloud infrastructure is reduced greatly compared to that seen in an on-premises environment.
Finding Your Way to the Cloud
Deciding how to allocate workloads to the cloud is complex, and what you choose could directly affect the benefits you get from your cloud deployment. Partnering with an experienced provider can help. OneNeck IT Solutions offers a free cloud assessment to help you understand your cloud needs and balance your workloads the right way. With our experience architecting, deploying and managing cloud solutions, OneNeck is here to help guide you through your cloud practice, ultimately helping you to accelerate your speed to market.