The Arizona Technology Council is currently seeking a Director of Membership Services to join our sales team in the Phoenix office. Please find our job description below.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Leigh Goldstein, COO + VP of Programs + Events, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Director, Membership Services
Reports to: President and CEO, COO + Vice President of Events
The Arizona Technology Council is the driving force behind making our State the fastest growing technology hub in the nation; connecting and empowering Arizona’s technology community. As Arizona’s premier trade association for science and technology companies, the Council is recognized as having a diverse professional business community and top professional networking organization.
The Council is currently looking to fill the position of Director, Membership Services. This sales position offers a great opportunity for a motivated individual to play a key role in our future success. The Director of Membership Services works directly with the Council team to develop effective strategies for recruiting, retaining, and developing value-added services for technology companies, universities, and educational institutions as members. This is a critical role to the success of the Council.
If you have the following characteristics we’d like to talk:
- Responsive and committed to engaging with and meeting the needs of members.
- Use research and analysis to understand and ensure offerings are responsive to current and prospective members/customers.
- Strong, articulate communicator and relationship builder.
- Effective at identifying, building, and maintaining connections with people on a regular basis.
- Effective project manager.
- Excited about innovation and intellectually curious to identify new opportunities to attract and engage members.
- Proficient in helping organizations make informed decisions that deliver bottom-line results.
- Self-motivated and take initiative.
- Consistently striving to learn, grow, and be better on own initiative.
The key outcomes you will achieve in this position include:
- Increase of membership revenue, number of members, and number of individuals actively participating in the organization.
- Council Committees are supported, as well as effectively and cohesively structured to achieve objectives, reduce brand fragmentation, deliver exceptional member value, and meet or exceed financial goals.
- Members and potential members are highly engaged and delighted with the organization because of service that exceeds expectations with the result that membership grows both through new members and increased member retention.
- Technology has the appropriate capabilities and integrations within the organization’s technology infrastructure and there is a high level of data integrity, making the system a valuable and integral feature of all the work done with members throughout the organization.
- Membership results are tracked against agreed-upon metrics, and a dashboard is maintained and communicated that summarizes and tracks metrics on progress and results.
This opportunity will be attractive to you if:
- You are independent, collaborative, and innovative
- You are an effective coach and mentor, able to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- You want to have a significantly positive impact on an organization through identifying, attracting, and engaging members by providing exceptional value while driving bottom-line financial health for the organization
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Recruitment and retention of members for the Council
- Welcome new members into the Council and educate them on all member benefits
- Sell new memberships and renewals and event sponsorships
- Oversee new member prospect development, including development and maintenance of an active prospect database.
- Develop new programs, products, value-added services, and events to benefit members and encourage member involvement.
- Actively participate in the Council’s monthly committee meetings and other events with a goal toward stimulating member involvement.
- Ensure that membership brochure effectively represents the benefits of membership and creates a positive image of the Council.
- Serve as a liaison with the Council’s involvement in community, university, and Chamber of commerce initiatives.
- Develop productive partnerships with other community and business organizations.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with local business and community/leaders, members, employees, and affiliate organizations via phone, e-mail, written correspondence, in person, and at events. Must possess passion for technology and innovation. In addition to demonstrated sales and strong customer service, communication skills are essential.
Required computer experience includes Microsoft Office, Outlook, and database management. Previous non-profit and technology industry experience preferred. Our ideal candidate would enjoy working in a team environment.
Compensation depends on experience plus a full commission incentive package and full employer paid benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Leigh Goldstein, COO + VP Programs and Events at email@example.com.