As the premier trade association for science and technology companies, the Arizona Technology Council (AZTC) has grown its membership to over 650 member companies since its inception in August 2002. As AZTC moves into its second decade, the Council is adding a second full-time director of membership services to help grow membership and add overall value to current AZTC members. The Council is looking for a seasoned business development professional to articulate Council benefits, build relationships and sell memberships to Arizona’s technology community. This position will be primarily focused on Phoenix area technology companies, with some travel required to northern Arizona.
- Identifying, qualifying and the sale of business/organization-based memberships through a combination of networking, cold calling and sector/industry research.
- Identifying, qualifying and the sale of annual and event sponsorship opportunities to existing members.
- Responsible for identifying corporate decision makers and setting appointments to introduce the Arizona Technology Council and its value and benefits to prospective members. Also identifying and articulating how AZTC can be an asset to Arizona’s technology organizations through AZTC’s events, initiatives, public policy, marketing channels and networking opportunities.
- Capture all sales and prospecting activity in the Council’s CRM. Prepare weekly, quarterly and annual reports for the executive team and the Council’s Board of Directors.
- Responsible for retaining the new memberships sold with periodic check-ins through the year.
- Represent the Arizona Technology Council at industry events and Council events in pursuit of new members, existing member retention and organization brand recognition.
- Serve as staff liaison to up to three AZTC Committees. Provide administrative support to Committees not limited to: keeper of master committee participant list, calendaring meetings, working with Committee chairperson to developing Committee meeting agendas, circulating agendas, taking meeting minutes and circulating meeting minutes.
- Promote, attend and staff AZTC events.
- Attend and staff the AZTC booth at internal and external events.
- Four year degree from an accredited university.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, CRM experience for tracking leads and sales growth, and using web-based applications for business development research and communication with technology leaders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and established relationships within Arizona’s technology community.
- Trade association experience preferred, but not required.
Recruitment for this new position is being handled by AZTC Visionary Sponsor, Renaissance Personnel Group. Renaissance Personnel Group is a full service recruiting firm providing temporary, contract and direct hire staffing solutions for businesses in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume (and reference this blog post) to email@example.com.