YellowBird is an on-demand Environmental, Health and Safety marketplace.
The #1 question we get is: “Are you a temp staffing agency?” It’s a natural question and one which unfortunately, with coronavirus forcing furloughs, layoffs, and general uncertainty, is one I’m answering too often. No, we are not an agency. We have no ill will toward staffing firms, what they do, or why they do it, it’s just not our model.
We use technology to match highly-skilled, trained and YellowBird pre-qualified people with work. Simply stated, it’s a platform similar to the consumer ‘gig’ services you know and love (Ex: Uber, Grubhub, Dentistry.com, etc.). We leverage technology and AI matching of skills, training, industry-specific knowledge, and geography with local talent to fulfill business needs.
Top 5 YellowBird Questions from Companies:
- Do you charge a fee for hiring a YellowBird Professional as an employee? No. We believe that our Pro’s want flexibility and they like the process. Our companies hire for project (training, plan, assessments, etc.) needs. If they want to hire them FT, great! There are no fees or hiring restrictions.
- Why would I use YellowBird? We are 15X faster and 25% less money than a traditional temp or consulting firms. We have a national pre-certified YellowBird Pro network making jobs at many locations very easy to manage.
- Do the Pros have insurance? Yes. Our professionals have an occupational accident coverage policy higher than traditional workers comp.
- How do you qualify the Pros? We have a face to face interview, national background check, certificate check (AIHA, MSHA, OSHA, BCSP, etc.) and hold orientations to ensure the YB pro’s are ‘match ready.’
- Do you cover locations outside the United States? Not yet. We are not going international for a few years, but it is in the plan for down the road. Currently, we have Pro Coverage in the continental 48 states.
Top 5 YellowBird Questions from Professionals
- How do I know if I’m a good fit to be a YellowBird Pro? Review the services page and if you see services you can fulfill, you’re a fit. If you don’t, but have an EHS skill you feel would meet the needs of the market, contact us.
- I have my own consulting firm, can I sign up my company? Maybe. We match people not companies. If you’re a sole proprietor, yes it’s a great fit. A large consulting firm may use YellowBird to find great people to help them, but in this case you’re a ‘Company’ not a Professional on the platform.
- Would I be an employee of YellowBird? No. You’ll be informed of the opportunities that match your skills (based on your profile). You are not obligated to accept an opportunity nor are you an employee. You’ll receive a 1099 for the income as an independent contractor.
- What if I am asked to do other work? We expect repeat opportunities and companies can ask for a Pro by name. We facilitate add on work, even the day of, and have a process that the company can quickly add to the scope for you to approve.
- How do I get paid? We pay within 2 days of completion via ACH or wire. The goal is to be seamless and efficient.
To discover more, visit www.goYellowBird.com.
Michael Zalle is the Founder and CEO of YellowBird. As a career tech entrepreneur, board member and advisor he has a passion for making a difference through finding ‘the better way’ to solve big problems through tech. He’s responsible for creating and building new concepts and companies, resulting in multiple successful exits over a 25-year career. Michael enjoys traveling with his wife of 20 years and two awesome kids. He engages in a variety of outdoor sports including golf and tennis; he ranks himself an incredibly average golfer and perhaps even worse tennis player, but remembers a day when he was competitive at both.