The cost of employee health insurance is a major factor for all businesses. Providing healthcare insurance can help small businesses attract and retain talent who might otherwise sign on with larger tech employers. It can also help employees feel less stressed about how to care for their family health needs and lower absenteeism rates, which may translate to better on-the-job performance and higher productivity.
With a broad range of plans and comprehensive benefits, the Arizona Technology Council’s association health plan helps startups and small companies compete by offering attractive health insurance plans that rival the big players. By collaborating with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, members of the Arizona Technology Council now can gain a tremendous opportunity to focus more on what they do best: innovation.
When multiple small businesses join together as one association, they can take advantage of affordable health plans to help attract and retain top talent. Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Arizona (BCBSAZ) has created unique plans that are available only to AZTC members.
These plans provide:
- Access: Statewide network, including the Mayo Clinic, with exclusive network options in Maricopa and Pima counties.
- Service: Local customer service for care and claims support.
- Flexibility: Coverage available for businesses with as few as two employees.
Advantages of joining the Council’s association health plan
There are a multitude of advantages to association health plans (AHPs), such as:
- AHPs are not subject to certain fees that individual health plans include in premiums.
- AHPs are considered a large group, so they can offer more flexibility on plan structure and potential premium discounts. It allows your employees who have an HSA to use it to pay for AHP medical expenses.
- Arizona Technology Council members have access to multiple health insurance solutions designed specifically for technology startups and small businesses headquartered in in the state of Arizona. Participating in the Arizona Technology Council’s association health plan can help businesses eliminate the hassle of having to negotiate health care plans and navigate their way through constantly changing government regulations.
Network options for higher net savings
Network choice provides access to quality care and is a key money-saver for employers and employees alike.
- Choosing a smaller network helps lower employees’ premiums
- Staying in-network lowers costs for medical services
- Knowing limits on out-of-network services helps control costs
Telehealth options for challenging times
You don’t have to choose between medical care and social distancing. Skip the line and see a provider online. Receive safe, virtual medical care from the comfort of home. BlueCare Anywhere is integrated into the medical benefits as a telehealth visit copay. Employees can visit with a doctor, counselor or psychiatrist any day, anytime, anywhere—from their smartphone, computer or tablet.
Visit www.aztechcouncil.org/ahp to learn more about the healthcare benefits for Arizona Technology Council members.