The Greater Phoenix Chamber announced new leaders within its board of directors to lead the organization in its mission to promote regional prosperity and serve as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities in fiscal year 2023.
Erin Mettille, public & social impact leader, Slalom Consulting, will serve as the 2022-2023 board chair, succeeding Christina Noble, chief growth officer of Sonora Quest Laboratories. Scott Smith, managing partner or TowerHunter, will serve as chair-elect.
“The Greater Phoenix Chamber has laid an incredible foundation, most recently under Christina Noble’s leadership, with extremely engaged community members, board members and staff members who are aligned on the new strategic plan.” Says Erin Mettile, board chair, Greater Phoenix Chamber. “This year will focus on the execution of the strategic plan with key initiatives of education, diversity, policy, and workforce and economic development. This plan will position the chamber to be an even more impactful voice in advocating for Arizona businesses. I feel privileged to take on this role during such an exciting time to continue the momentum and welcome the opportunity to collaborate with our members, the amazing Chamber staff, and board this year.”
Serving on the Executive Committee of the board of directors are the following officers:
- Board Chair – Erin Mettille, Slalom Consulting
- Chair-Elect – Scott Smith, TowerHunter
- Legal Counsel – Ryan Curtis, Fennemore Craig
- Diversity & Inclusion Chair – Laura Lynn Smith, ADP, Inc.
- Finance Committee Chair – Tim Wetzler, Enterprise Holdings
- Human Resources Chair – Scott Smith, TowerHunter
- Nominating Committee Chair – Rob Taylor, SRP
- Public Affairs Committee Chair – Susan Anable, Cox Communications
- Retention Committee Chair – Mike Groeger, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- GPCF Chair – Stacy Derstine, APS
- Member at Large – Michelle Just, Beatitudes Campus
- Member at Large – Paul Komadina, CBRE
The Chamber is proud to have the following business leaders complete its board of directors for fiscal year 2022-2023:
- Brad Anderson, Cigna**
- Eric Bottolfsen, GoldBook Financial**
- Shannon Butler, Aetna / CVS Health
- Marina Carina – Arizona Coyotes**
- Jennifer Carusetta, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Monica Coury, Arizona Complete Health
- Kim Davids, The Weitz Company
- Greg DeBernard, USAA
- Rick Dircks, Dircks Moving & Logistics
- Joe Donnarumma, Univision
- Joel Eberhart, Ideas Collide Marketing Communications**
- Lorrain Field, Sonora Quest**
- Andy Forsell, Lockton Companies
- Nicole Forziati, State Farm
- Tad Gary, Mercy Care
- Ravi Gupta, Ernst & Young**
- Chad Guzman, EPCOR USA**
- Kate Hickman, Alliance Bank of Arizona
- Doris Huang, evolvedMD**
- Carla Vargas Jasa, Valley of the Sun United Way
- Matt Ligouri, Southwest Gas**
- Eric E. Lynch, Polsinelli**
- Jim Macdonald, JPMorgan Private Bank**
- Grenee Martacho, Concord General Contracting Inc.
- Francis McAllister, Freeport-McMoRan
- Kristen Merrifield, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits
- Kris Newman, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Heath Patrick, Honeywell Aerospace
- Amilyn Pierce, AZ Diamondbacks
- Scott Pompe, Gannett Co. Inc./Arizona Republic
- Ron Price, Visit Phoenix**
- Lisa Riley, Wells Fargo
- Jason Rowley, Phoenix Suns
- April Salomon, MIM
- LaShandra Sartor
- Chris Sarver, National Bank of Arizona**
- Doris Savron, University of Phoenix
- Robin Shepherd, Arizona Dignity Health
- Gary Shullaw, PetSmart
- Lori Snyder, Carlisle Companies Incorporated **
- Jim Tomes, Telgian Holdings, Inc.
- Dr. Keven Tulipana, Cancer Treatment Centers of AZ**
- Michelle Walker, SSC Underground
- Doug Welzel, Amazon
**New board members for FY 2022-2023
“The leadership of our board of directors is vital, as we continue to lead the local business community in navigating the rapidly growing Phoenix economy,” said Todd Sanders, president & CEO of the Chamber. “I am eager to work with our incoming Board leaders and members as we tackle the concerns of local businesses and implement long-term solutions while continuing to provide valuable tools and resources to our members and community.”
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation board of directors for fiscal year 2023 include:
- Board Chair – Stacy Derstine, APS
- Sarah Gordon, JPMorgan Private Bank
- Phillip Huhta, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Jay Kaprosy, Veridus
- Adriana Murrietta, Pharos Foundation**
- De Anne Russel, Common Spirit Health
- Kim Samuel, Equality Health
- LauraLynn Smith, ADP< LLC
The newly appointed board leaders and members officially assume their duties on July 1, 2022.
Register for the Council’s upcoming Phoenix and Tucson tech events and Optics Valley optics + photonics events.