Greater Phoenix Chamber announces 11 finalists for Athena Awards
The Greater Phoenix Chamber announced the 11 women chosen as finalists for its prestigious 36th Annual ATHENA Awards, continuing its strong tradition of recognizing outstanding Valley businesswomen.
The ATHENA Businesswoman of the Year Award recognizes a woman in the public and private sectors and highlights an upcoming leader in the Valley as an ATHENA Young Professional. ATHENA finalists are chosen for their excellence in business and leadership, dedication to the community, and support and mentorship of others.
The 11 finalists are:
Private Sector finalists:
- Ginger Clayton, CEO, Elontec
- Melody Lewis, Owner & Founder, Indigenous Community Collaborative
- Jen Scrivner, Chief Operating Officer, Goodmans
- Kristen Shroyer, Co-Founder & Chief Impact Officer, ONEHOPE
Public Sector finalists:
- Tara Jackson, President, Arizona Town Hall
- Jeri Royce, President & CEO, Advance Community
- Lorraine Tallman, Founder & CEO, Amanda Hope Rainbow Angels
- Dawn Trapp, CEO, Civitan Foundation, Inc.
Young Professional finalists:
- Ashlee Atkins, Diversity Manager, ASU Enterprise Partners
- Naquana Borrero, CFRE; Director of Development and Communications Jazz in Arizona/The Nash & Owner, Bella Vita Consulting Group
- Heather Vana, Senior Director of External Communications, Avnet
“Spotlighting the women who are moving the Greater Phoenix area forward through the ATHENA Awards program is one of the Chamber’s proudest traditions,” said Todd Sanders, president & CEO of the Greater Phoenix Chamber. “These women make immeasurable contributions within their companies, their communities, and they are a driving force in making Arizona a top state in the nation. I encourage everyone to join us in November at the ATHENA Awards Luncheon to meet these exceptional leaders.”
The ATHENA Awards highlight women who have achieved the pinnacle of success within their industry, have mentored others throughout their careers, dedicated their time to their community, and are making a difference in the lives of others.
Join the Greater Phoenix Chamber to celebrate outstanding businesswomen in our community and to support all nominees, finalists, and recipients, past and present.
Three ATHENA Award recipients will be announced during the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s ATHENA Awards luncheon on Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa.
Register for the Council’s upcoming Phoenix and Tucson tech events and Optics Valley optics + photonics events.