Smart City Summit – Share your Smarts
What makes a city smart? Municipalities across the globe are becoming smarter and more sustainable through the integration of communication technology and IoT to securely manage their assets. Real-life examples include autonomous vehicles, advanced data collection, and new forms of energy, just to name a few.
To showcase recent advancements in the fields of communication technology and IoT in Arizona and how we are using these tools to make our cities and schools smarter, the Arizona Technology Council (AZTC) has partnered with Sustainability Transition Consulting LLC (SusTranCon) to bring you the Smart City Summit: Share Your Smarts on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at the Paradise Valley DoubleTree Resort from 8:00AM-5:00PM.
This event is perfect for professionals in the technology, education, and government industries. Two amazing keynotes and four expert panels will focus on network security, IoT, transportation, and education. Our education panel will host experts from China, Ethiopia, Nepal, and the USA.
Our opening keynote speaker, Philip Bane will discuss how Arizona’s progress aligns with the smart city guidelines published by the Smart City Council. The event will also feature a ‘smartness fair’ where exhibitors will present their achievements in the space. Registration includes lunch, coffee, and refreshments.
The focus of the Summit is on network security, transportation and education. This intense one-day event will combine keynote presentations, panel discussions, and “smartness fair” where participants and sponsors can present their achievements.
• 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM | Registration/Expo
• 9:00 AM – 9:15 AM | Opening Remarks – Steven G. Zylstra, President + CEO, Arizona Technology Council
• 9:15 AM – 10:00 AM | Opening Keynote Speaker – Philip Bane, Managing Director, Smart Cities Council
• 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM | Opening Panel/Topic – Network Security – Frank Grimmelmann, President and CEO, ACTRA (Moderator), Howell Herring, Deputy Director of Information Technology, City of Tucson, Mike Lettman, Chief Information Security Officer, Arizona Strategic Enterprise Technology (ASET), State of Arizona , Rob Lloyd, Chief Information Officer, City of San Jose, Randell Smith, Chief Information Security Officer/Chief Privacy Officer, City of Phoenix
• 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Panel/Topic – IOT – Curt Cornum, Vice President – Chief Architect, Insight (Co-Moderator), Vignesh Rajamani, Senior Associate, Exponent Failure Analysis Associates (Co-Moderator), David Wheeler – Principal Engineer, Intel, Ted Ritter, Principal at LMI360 / Co-Founder DrawAlert, Mark Goldstein, President, International Research Center; Andres Ruiz, Sr Business Development Manager Global Partner Organization IoT lead, Cisco Systems; Chuck Reeves, Sales Director, Hitachi Insight Group
• 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Lunch Break/Expo
• 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM | Panel/Topic – Transportation – Drena Kusari, General Manager, Southwest Region, lyft; Stanton Sipes, EVP, Business Development, Veyo; Steve Thompson, General Manager – Phoenix, Uber; Dr. Larry Head, Director of Transportation Research Institute, University of Arizona
• 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM | Break/Expo
• 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM | Panel/Topic – Education – Dr. Marek Wosinski, President, Sustainability Transition Consulting (USA) (Moderator); Dr. Junfeng Yang, Smart Learning Institute, Beijing Normal University School of Education, Hangzhou Normal University (China); Dr. Anrong Dang, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, Beijing (China); Dr. Kim Eagles, President Global Ed (USA); Mr. Monte Lange. Executive Vice President, Imagine Schools (USA); Mr. Bibesh Manandhar, GNSD Regional Coordinator for Nepal; Mr. Silas Ngahane (Ethiopia/African Union) Osee R. Lieberman, President, Halsten Enterprise (USA)
• 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM | Closing Keynote Speaker – Sameer Sharma, Global GM (Smart Cities IOT Solutions), Intel | The presentation will be about the interplay of IOT and Smart Cities including standards, key takeaways from our discussions and work with cities globally, top use cases and a brief mention of Intel’s strategy in this area
• 4:45 PM – 5:00 PM | Closing Remarks
Cost to Attend: To Register for the event click here
AZTC Members – $75*
Non-AZTC Members – $100*
*Event cost includes coffee, tea, soda and water along with a buffet lunch and light snacks
Arizona Commerce Authority
Grand Canyon University
Infinity Insurance Partners
Sustainability Transition Consulting, LLC
Trans-West Networking Solutions
Become a Sponsor:
Great sponsorship opportunities are now available for the Smart City Summit. Please contact email@example.com for a complete sponsorship guide for the event.
SusTranCon offers consulting services to governments, corporations, and community organizations helping them to integrate sustainability principles into core strategies, decisions, and operations. Its advisory, coaching, and training services are delivered by the international network of veteran consultants, and supported by numerous partner organizations, among them by Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University (China). SusTranCon has been involved in development of smart schools in USA, India and Nepal.
DoubleTree Resort By Hilton
5401 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Thursday September 28, 2017
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- AZTC Member - $75
- Non AZTC Member $100
Need More Information?
If you need more information about this event, please complete the fields below.
DO NOT USE FOR REGISTRATION. To register for this event, please click on the "Register" button above.