Smart City Summit – Share your Smarts
The Arizona Technology Council (AZTC) and Sustainability Transition Consulting, LLC (SusTranCon) present the inaugural Smart City Summit; Share your Smarts held on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at the Paradise Valley DoubleTree Resort from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
The purpose of the Summit is to offer an opportunity for sharing current advances in implementation of communication technology in development of smart cities, smart universities and smart schools.
We invite corporate, educational and governmental institutions in Arizona to discuss the progress in these areas in the context of guidelines published by Smart City Council, as well as in reference to experience of such countries as China, India, Singapore, and Nepal. Register now.
The focus of the Summit is on network security, transportation and education. This intense one-day event will combine keynote presentations, panel discussions, and “smartness fair” where participants and sponsors can present their achievements.
• 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM | Registration/Expo
• 9:00 AM – 9:15 AM | Opening Remarks – Steven G. Zylstra, President + CEO, Arizona Technology Council
• 9:15 AM – 10:00 AM | Opening Keynote Speaker – Philip Bane, Managing Director, Smart Cities Council
• 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM | Opening Panel/Topic – Network Security – Frank Grimmelmann, President and CEO, ACTRA (Moderator), Howell Herring, Deputy Director of Information Technology, City of Tucson, Mike Lettman, Chief Information Security Officer, Arizona Strategic Enterprise Technology (ASET), State of Arizona , Rob Lloyd, Chief Information Officer, City of San Jose, Randell Smith, Chief Information Security Officer/Chief Privacy Officer, City of Phoenix
• 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Panel/Topic – IOT – Curt Cornum, VP – Chief Solution Architect, Insight; Dr. Vignesh Rajamani, Ph.D., Senior Associate, Exponent
• 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Lunch Break/Expo
• 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM | Panel/Topic – Transportation – Drena Kusari, General Manager, Southwest Region, lyft; Stanton Sipes, EVP, Business Development, Veyo; Steve Thompson, General Manager – Phoenix, Uber; Dr. Larry Head, Director of Transportation Research Institute, University of Arizona
• 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM | Break/Expo
• 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM | Panel/Topic – Education – Dr. Junfeng Yang (China), Dr. Anrong Dang (China), Dr. Kim Eagles (USA), Mr. Monte Lange (Imagine Schools, USA), Mr. Bibesh Manandhar (Nepal); Dr. Marek Wosinski (USA).
• 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM | Closing Keynote Speaker – Sameer Sharma, Global GM (Smart Cities IOT Solutions), Intel | The presentation will be about the interplay of IOT and Smart Cities including standards, key takeaways from our discussions and work with cities globally, top use cases and a brief mention of Intel’s strategy in this area
• 4:45 PM – 5:00 PM | Closing Remarks
Cost to Attend: To Register for the event click here
AZTC Members – $75*
Non-AZTC Members – $100*
*Event cost includes coffee, tea, soda and water along with a buffet lunch and light snacks
Arizona Commerce Authority
Grand Canyon University
Trans-West Networking Solutions
Become a Sponsor:
Great sponsorship opportunities are now available for the Smart City Summit. Please contact email@example.com for a complete sponsorship guide for the event.
SusTranCon offers consulting services to governments, corporations, and community organizations helping them to integrate sustainability principles into core strategies, decisions, and operations. Its advisory, coaching, and training services are delivered by the international network of veteran consultants, and supported by numerous partner organizations, among them by Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University (China). SusTranCon has been involved in development of smart schools in USA, India and Nepal.
DoubleTree Resort By Hilton
5401 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Thursday September 28, 2017
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- AZTC Member - $75
- Non AZTC Member $100
Need More Information?
If you need more information about this event, please complete the fields below.
DO NOT USE FOR REGISTRATION. To register for this event, please click on the "Register" button above.