America’s Largest Seed Fund is Coming to Tucson, Arizona!
If you’re an Innovator, Entrepreneur, Researcher, or Small Technology Firm, don’t miss this opportunity! Gain an in-depth understanding of agency technology funding priorities, meet one-on-one with high-level decision makers and connect with local support resources.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) has launched a 16-stop road tour across the U.S. to connect entrepreneurs working on advanced technology to the country’s largest source of early-stage funding – the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Also known as America’s Largest Seed Fund, the SBIR/STTR programs focus on next-generation research & development (R&D) and is led by the SBA with 11 participating federal agencies.
Every SBIR Road Tour stop represents a coveted opportunity to meet directly with Federal Program Managers who seed a wide spectrum of innovative ideas, while learning about the state’s innovation support infrastructure.
The SBIR/STTR programs provide over $3 billion in early stage funding to small businesses each year in a wide variety of technology areas such as unmanned systems, advanced materials, health, cybersecurity and defense. The SBIR/STTR programs execute over 5,000 new awards annually, which allow innovators to advance new technologies and have contributed to the creation of thousands of jobs.
Agenda Highlights Include:
- One-on-One meetings with Federal Program Managers
- Reverse Pitches from Federal Agencies
- Personalized Assistance & Resources
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Networking Mixer
Confirmed agencies for the Southwest Tour are:
- Air Force (USAF)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Defense – Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Department of Defense – Navy
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC)
Early Bird: $50 (ends 7/28)
Regular: $60 (7/29 – 8/11)
At the Door: $80
*Lunch and refreshments provided
**AZTC members call (520) 388-5761 for a promo code to save you 50% on your registration.
Date And Time:
Mon, August 12, 2019
7:30 AM – 5:00 PM MST
UA Tech Park – Event Center
9030 South Rita Road
Tucson, AZ 85747
Refunds up to 7 days before event
Organizer of SBA Road Tour – Southern Arizona
The UA Tech Park fosters technology startups, emerging, and mature companies to develop and commercialize their ideas, inventions and next evolution of product. The University of Arizona Center for Innovation, the business incubator at the UA Tech Park, provides a structured business development program and access to facilities including office, wet and dry lab space, to support startup companies. They also receive individual coaching from experienced mentors elevating them to the next level of business development.