The Arizona Technology Council and PADT are hosting the second edition of our June Virtual after5 Tech Mixer Event on Thursday, June 24, 2020. Please join Arizona Technology Council members, non-members, and PADT staff for this great virtual networking opportunity.
It is time to meet some new people!
It is time to leverage technology and meet some new people. We had our first virtual networking event on June 11th, and it was a big success. This is what they said:
“It was good to have convos and not be talked AT.”
“In many ways, the format facilitated an interaction superior to in-person meetings.”
“This event puts you smack in the center of the conversation(s) !!”
“I found this event to be an innovative way to meet people who can help me to grow my business. “
So, as you can see, our test case was a success. Now it’s time to get more people involved and start meeting new people.
Here is how it works:
Before the event:
– Register Now
– You will get a confirmation with an invite to save the time on your calendar
– Sometime before 4:00 PM on the 24th, if all the code works right, you will get 6 invitations. One for the kickoff, one each for your randomly assigned networking sessions, and one for the conclusion.
During the event:
– We all gather at 5:00 in one large meeting to get situated, explain the process, and just gather.
– At 5:15 we head to our first networking meeting where we will gather with three other randomly selected people to chat. You have 12 minutes to introduce yourselves, talk about what you do, and talk.
– At 5:30, we should all be in our second gathering. 12 more minutes and hopefully they will be less awkward.
– At 5:45 it is time to head to the third grouping. By now we are all pros at this.
– At 6:00 everyone will move into their last pairing. This is your final chance to tell that joke you have been holding back.
– At 6:15 all the attendees return to a meeting for everyone to hear some closing words, share some comments, and say thank you to everyone.
– Everything finishes at 6:30.
Basically, all you have to do is go to the meetings you are invited to at the proper times.
What you do in each session, is up to you. But here are some recommendations:
– Make sure you have your camera on, are using a good microphone, and your face is well lit.
– Have some links you may want to share handy in an open document so you can paste them into the chat. Maybe your LinkedIn Profile or a vCard. Whatever you may want to share
– Come armed with some good questions. If there is an awkward silence you can save everyone. “How about that Coronavirus?” is not a good question.
– Pay attention to the time. Start wrapping up after 12 minutes. People will start showing up in the same room for the next meeting.
Note: We are using Microsoft Teams. It works in a browser but we recommend you load the app on your computer or phone and try it out before the meeting.
That is it. Like any networking event, what you get out of it is what you put in.
So register and then share this link with someone else who might enjoy attending.