Audience: Superintendents, Principals, Counselors, CTE Directors, CTE Computer Science Instructors, General Education Teachers, Students, Parents, School Nurses, Teachers Aids, PTO Members
Summary: This experience provides rising 9th through 12th-grade students across Pima County with a 1 to 2.5-hour virtual learning opportunity. The session will inform high school students about IT & Cybersecurity field career paths and connect them to postsecondary IT/Cybersecurity program options.
This session includes:
· Career path opportunities within IBM
· Resources to explore careers
· Information on high demand/high wage IT/Cybersecurity jobs
· Technical and employability skills needed in IT & Cybersecurity careers
Schedule of presenters:
· 9:15-9:45 am Manny Felix, Founder & CEO, AZ Cyber Initiative
· 9:50-10:20 am Karla Morales, President, Arizona Tech Council
· 10:25-10:55 am Mike Hernandez, Lead Operations Manager, IBM
· 11:00-11:30 am Chris Bonhorst, IT/Cybersecurity Instructor, PCC
Brought to you by The Pima County School Superintendent’s Business & Education Partnerships Program, The Center for the Future of Arizona, The Pima County Workforce Investment Board, and the Pima for Youth Program at Pima Community College.