The Arizona Technology Council is excited to announce the release of our Technology Industry Impact Report, a compilation of research showing Arizona tech industry data on the economic contribution, wages, workforce development, patents, taxes, and more. This report was commissioned by AZTC and conducted by eImpact, a Portland-based organization that creates web-based data-reporting solutions designed to help cities, industries and planners drive effective policy, create new growth and engage stakeholders.
Among many statistics flattering our local technology community, the study shows Arizona ranking second in the Southwest for sector employment growth at 1.38 percent, beating California.
Other highlights of the report include:
- The average annual technology industry wage in Arizona is more than $77,000, ranking third in the Southwest
- For every job in technology, there are 1.04 jobs that support technology such as human resources, accounting and sales
- Arizona’s technology industry contributed more than $32.5 million in total taxes in 2016
- There are 2,156 startups in Arizona listed on AngelList
- The average Arizona technology startup valuation is $3.9 million
- There were 2,741 patents awarded in Arizona in 2015
“We have continued to see our local technology community grow and flourish in recent years,” said Steve Zylstra, president and CEO, Arizona Technology Council. “Arizona is well positioned to claim its place in the national playing field of competitive technology markets. We hope this report showcases not only the areas in which we are excelling, but also uncovers areas where we can focus attention to encourage improvement.”
View and download the full Technology Industry Impact Report here.