Applications now being accepted for the 36th annual Sterling Awards
Applications are now being accepted for the 36th annual Sterling Awards Celebration to be held November 18, 2022, at the Embassy Suites Scottsdale. The deadline for entries is Friday, July 29. Applications can be downloaded and submitted at www.scottsdalechamber.com. Anyone that is a current member of the Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce may apply.
For 36 years the Sterling Awards has embodied the spirit of our organization by celebrating the people and organizations who have demonstrated excellence, innovation, and community stewardship, making Scottsdale one of the best cities to live in our Nation.
Over the years we have honored our city’s best corporate neighbors and brightest rising stars. Celebrating its 36th incredible year, The Sterling Awards celebrate winners in four categories – Micro Business, Small Business, Big Business & Non-Profit. A brief overview of each award category follows.
- The Sterling Award for Micro Business recognizes an entrepreneurship or emerging business exhibiting success through innovation, creativity, and collaboration. (1-10 Employees)
- The Sterling Award for Small Business recognizes a company demonstrating success through innovation and professionalism, while contributing to the community. (11-75 employees)
- The Sterling Award for Big Business recognizes significant contributions to quality of life and the economic fabric of the community. (76 + Employees)
- The Sterling Award for Non-Profits recognizes the social, cultural, educational, and economic impact of an organization on its constituents and/or the broader community.
The 2021 Honorees for the coveted Sterling Award were:
- Micro Business (presented by Prestige Cleaners) – DebitFire Accounting (Also recognized in the Micro Business category was Spotlight Media Services.)
- Small Business (presented by COX Business) – Civic Center Compounding Pharmacy (Also recognized in the Small Business category were AZ Perfect Comfort and AAA Cooling Specialists.)
- Big Business (presented by Nationwide Insurance) – Reputation (Also recognized in the Big Business category were Scottsdale Community College and Octane Raceway/Mavrix.)
- Non-Profit (presented by APS) – Scottsdale/Paradise Valley YMCA (Also recognized in the non-profit category were the Phoenix Zoo/Arizona Center for Nature Conservation and Scottsdale Leadership.)
About the Sterling Awards
Celebrating 36 years of business excellence, the Sterling Award is one of the most coveted business awards in the Valley, with a rigorous application, judging and selection process. Four teams of judges each conduct an initial review of all applications and narrow the field to three finalists in each category. Once the finalists are identified, the judging teams visit those companies to conduct a personal interview and get a behind-the-scenes look at the operations. Each judge then independently casts a set of points for the finalists based on their embodiment of the award criteria. The points are tallied, and the results remain secret until the day of the event. One of the highlights of the Sterling Awards celebration is the highly anticipated video presentation of each of the finalists, produced by Pro One Media. Only members of the Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce are eligible to apply.
About the Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce
The Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce celebrates its 75th anniversary as the largest business organization in Scottsdale providing advocacy, education, networking, leadership development and exposure opportunities to our member businesses. The Chamber actively works to maintain Scottsdale’s high quality of life and create an environment where business innovation, excellence and entrepreneurship can thrive. Serving ALL of Scottsdale since 1947. For more information visit www.scottsdalechamber.com or call 480.355.2700.
Register for the Council’s upcoming Phoenix and Tucson tech events and Optics Valley optics + photonics events.