Mundt & Associates, Inc. is a specialty OEM manufacturer of laser workstations that are constructed at the Mundt facility in Scottsdale Arizona. The basic structure of the workstation is a machine tool built with a sturdy stable hybrid frame that dampens vibration to allow the function of the selected laser to complete the most complex parts with precision and accuracy that is required by the Implantable Medical Devices Market, Aerospace, Auto and the Electronics Industries.
The Mundt Laser workstations also include the latest in motion control and user friendly computer technology and software that enables the workstations to provide process solutions through sophisticated and flexible control of motion and laser.
A Mundt Laser Workstation can do the following:
- Automate manufacturing process
- Automatic feature recognition and inspection
- Reduce manufacturing errors and waste
- Eliminate human error in the production process
- Reduce production costs
- Increase production output
- Increase production efficiency
- Customizable machines to suit needs
- Easy to use control software
- High speed part processing, even big and heavy parts
- Weld metal parts and other materials from 100 µm to 36”
- Precision cut metals and other materials from 30 µm to 36” and a depth up to 5 mm
- Machine vision to inspect very small parts < 1 mm
Laser-based tools are increasingly utilized by organizations ranging from R&D labs and pilot production lines, through to high volume production processes. The company provides laser systems for cutting, welding, ablation and bonding, and provides guidance to those companies that are considering the replacement of traditional machinery with modern laser technology.
Recent accomplishments include:
- Lap weld 0.008-inch O.D. stainless tubing and full penetration butt weld of 0.22-inch wall tubing with the same machine and laser.
- Laser welding small electrical feed through.
- Micro soldering of .002” diameter wires.
- Fast production cutting of complex features in .009” diameter stainless tubing.
- Fast production welding of header plates, each with hundreds of tubes.
- Metal ablation for high precision controlled-fracture devices.
Mundt & Associates, Inc. offers a unique combination of innovation, design engineering and specialized technology to develop solutions for multiple manufacturing challenges.