A how-to guide to transform your mail room into a digital mailroom operation
If your firm is still scanning daily mail to email, how many of these challenges does your firm experience?
- The mailroom scanning operation is not integrated with the document management system (DMS).
- Scanned mail recipients must use their email inbox as a workflow tool to process daily mail.
- From an IT and security perspective, scanned legal mail ends up as unnamed PDF attachments stored in the email server, clogging storage space and compromising security and compliance for the related client information.
- After scanning, the physical paper mail is still manually distributed to attorneys’ or assistants’ desks, or stored in a makeshift file area, replicating the labor of the previous paper-based operation, in addition to the new labor for scanning operations.
- Attorneys and staff have complaints about the mail scanning results, such as delays, inadequate notifications, misdirected distribution, and scanned file quality issues.
DocSolid is pleased to offer the industry white paper, “7 Reasons to Upgrade to a Digital Mail Room Operation,” to help guide firms’ transformation to a fully digital mail room. It includes:
- Requirements for Digital Mail Room Operation
- Why Scan to Email Won’t Cut It
- How to Assess the Current Mailroom Operation
Download the white paper here.
Airmail2 by DocSolid is engineered from the ground up to solve the productivity and information security requirements of law firms by providing direct delivery of postal mail to the firm’s document management system (DMS), where sensitive information can be protected and governed by the DMS best practices.
Airmail2 by DocSolid enables clerical operators with minimal training and without login access to the DMS to scan, QC, and directly deliver postal mail in electronic form to the firm’s DMS of choice. DocSolid’s Airmail2 digital mailroom provides:
- Scanned mail delivery to iManage and other DMS systems
- DMS matter lookups when full profiling is required
- Mapped mail delivery to attorneys and legal assistants with automated notifications
- Batch workflows for productive alignment with legal office staffing resources
- Internet hosted or on-premise deployment
Learn more about Airmail2 here.
DocSolid creates, sells and supports Paper2Digital® solutions for optimized scanning, printing, and shredding. These patented solutions are enterprise-level implementations deployed with unmatched consulting expertise to reduce the costs, risks and inefficiencies of paper records for leading law firms and corporate legal departments. Thousands of users worldwide rely on DocSolid powered workflows integrated with iManage, NetDocuments, OpenText eDOCS, Worldox, SharePoint, Thomson Elite, Aderant, Filetrail, LegalKey and Chrome River. For more information, please visit www.docsolid.com.
Visit www.aztechcouncil.org/tech-events to view all of the Council’s upcoming virtual tech networking opportunities, engaging virtual tech events and in-person tech events.