Update: the Arizona Technology Industry Salary Survey deadline has been extended to Friday, February 17. Getting started is easy. Participating in the survey involves reporting information such as current salary ranges, base pay salaries, and bonus information on as many job titles of the 100+ provided, as are relevant to your businesses. Please forward the linked Excel spreadsheet to the person in your business who handles these HR/Payroll-related matters.
This post was written by Mountain State Employer’s Council‘s (MSEC) Karen Stafford. The purpose of this survey is to build a timely and locally-based salary and benefits survey specifically targeted to aerospace & defense, bioscience, cleantech, electronics, information technology, optics, and telecommunications job positions and/or companies. This survey comes as a result of input from the Council’s annual Listening Survey and is a natural follow up to the Arizona Technology Workforce Study that was shared with AZTC members last month.
I know what you’re thinking, “Why in the world should I participate in this survey?” With more than your share of work piled high upon your desk or weighing down your mobile device of choice, adding one more thing might seem overwhelming. And I’m guessing responding to a salary survey may not be on the top of your “To Do” list this week or next, or even this quarter (this year?). If I’ve struck a chord, bear with me for five reasons to participate, because this is really about…
1. YOU: Completing this survey fills the need for collecting highly specific wage information you need to make good decisions. Have trouble finding relevant data for tough to fill positions? Participants get discounted rates on the results and an invitation to a “Results” session in the second quarter. Additionally, those participants who also purchase the survey will receive a customized executive summary of your data versus the compiled results.
2. Your company’s success: As a natural follow up to AZTC’s Workforce Study, participating in this survey provides an opportunity to dig a bit deeper and review your current pay and benefits practices so you can benchmark with your industry in your local community. If reports of voluntary terminations rising as the economy recovers are correct, knowing where your practices stand becomes critical to attracting and retaining key talent.
3. Your industry and your market: This survey was designed by the Council and for the Council with the goal of canvassing relevant job descriptions for the technology industry as well as companies that have tech-related positions on staff. With over a 100 different jobs to consider, chances are you will find plenty of survey jobs that match positions within your company.
That’s only three, so I get two more, right?
4. This isn’t your typical survey process: The good news is, you aren’t in this alone. A team of survey consultants stand ready to assist with your questions, walk you through the participation process, and support your data collection and reporting efforts. Our survey gurus are just an email email@example.com or phone call away: (800) 437-9262.
5. You report. We analyze: In addition to providing a “Results” session, did we mention that those who participate and purchase the results receive a customized survey analysis of your company data vs. the aggregate data?
Invest in your organization. Participate today by downloading the Arizona Technology Industry Salary Survey Collection Sheet. Completed survey spreadsheets can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: (602) 955-4545 by the end of business on Friday, February 17th.
Still on the fence? As a long time HR “Geek” myself, I’m happy to answer your questions so please don’t hesitate to contact me: email@example.com , (602) 955-7558 or (800) 437-9262 x. 5533, or follow me on Twitter.