Join the Arizona Technology Council for its second annual STEM Drive, benefiting Make-A-Wish. This year for the holiday season we teamed up with Make-A-Wish and their partner organizations to supply children across our state with STEM gifts to help stimulate the next geniuses in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. AZTC is collecting donations of STEM items (such as laptops, iPods, portable DVD players, digital cameras, study guides, E-books, calculators etc) and you can drop of your items at the Council office, bring or schedule a pick up time during the first week of December. One of the best chances to donate will be at the Tech the Halls Holiday Party, on Thursday, December 3 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm at Zenefits at the Scottsdale Galleria. Please note that the deadline for donating to the STEM Drive is Wednesday, December 23.
Please encourage your company co-workers, clients, and friends to also make a difference this year and also to join AZTC at its Tech the Halls Holiday Party.
Your donations make a child’s day brighter!
A few quick guidelines: Please make sure that all toys are new (because of infection control) and paints and glues are non-toxic. Please do not donate play guns or war toys, latex balloons, scary action figures, candy, gum or other food.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Wish Lists.
Children are in need of items in all age groups, in both English and Spanish languages.
- Large electronic interactive toys
- DVD movies (newer releases, G and PG rated)
- Flip video cameras / GoPro
- Digital cameras
- Kindles or iPads
- Portable DVD players
- 500 Polaroid film
- GED and AIMS study guides
- Spanish/English dictionaries
- Hands-on learning activity kits
- Jump Start CDs
- Books (E-books, interactive, musical, chapter books, pop-up books, Spanish)
- Board Games (Monopoly, Connect Four, UNO, Dominoes, Battleship, Life, Scrabble)
- Lego Sets
- Craft/Art kits (model airplanes, model cars, etc.)
- School supplies (mechanical pencils, file pocket folders, spiral notebooks, drawing paper, scientific calculators)
- Acrylic paint
- Markers (dry-erase, washable, fabric, Sharpie, paint, crayons, etc.)
- White and colored poster paper / Water color paper
- Sketch books and pencils