Governor Ducey Restores Funding for K-12 Education
Early this month, Governor Doug Ducey announced a plan to restore $371 million in District Additional Assistance and Charter Additional Assistance over five years. Restoration will begin in FY 2019with $100 million. See the official statement from Gov. Ducey here.
TechTalks 2018 at Scottsdale Community College
A morning of inspiring, entertaining and informative stories showing how technology and education have the power to change student success outcomes is slated for Feb. 2 at Scottsdale Community College’s Performing Arts Center, 9000 E. Chaparral Road.
TechTalks 2018 features presenters giving 18-minute talks on educational technology and the teaching/learning process. Topics include:
- Creating an Accessible Learning Environment for Students
- Empowering Student Voice
- Virtual Reality and Journalism: The New Frontier
- Making: Students Learn!
- Virtual Manipulatives for Mathematics: A Collaborative Journey
- Creating an EdTech Startup in College
- Saving Time: A Hacked Life
The event will be free and open to the public. Register and see details here.