Fraud is an increasing problem for businesses. Fraudsters’ methods have become more diverse and sophisticated, but most fraud occurs very simply.
At this Lunch and Learn, attendees will learn to recognize fraud earlier and how to reduce the risks. Topic points will include:
- Profile of fraudsters
- Various ways in which occupational fraud is committed
- Status and value of various anti-fraud controls
- Growing risk in the new era of digital transformation and “big data,” and what companies should be doing to counteract this risk.
Examples of how other companies have dealt with fraud will be shared allowing attendees to evaluate their own practices and identify gaps in processes and skills.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone interested to learn more about reducing the risk of fraud, including current trends in anti-fraud and cybersecurity programs and processes
- Organization leaders (CEO and CFOs, and board members)
- Accounting, finance, and audit professionals
- IT Personnel
Meet our Presenter:
Eric Lee is a Principal with Keegan, Linscott & Kenon, PC and the Phoenix practice leader in the consulting services group. He serves in the testifying expert and consulting expert roles in litigation, forensic accounting, fraud and investigation services, and criminal matters both in the United States and internationally. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner and a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor. Eric has prepared expert reports, affidavits and disclosures and testified/presented as an expert in Federal, State and Tribal jurisdictions.
Prior to his career in consulting services, Eric spent over seven years as a Special Agent with the Federal government. During his tenure as a Special Agent, Eric investigated criminal and civil violations relating to fraud, money laundering, theft and embezzlement, public corruption and tax evasion.
Founded in Tucson in 1994, Keegan, Linscott and Kenon, PC is a professional services firm with offices in Tucson and Scottsdale, Arizona. KLK offers a wide array of services, including, accounting, audit, tax, and consulting services. The firm has more than 50 professionals, comprised of Certified Public Accountants, Certified Fraud Examiners, Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, Chartered Global Management Accountants, and Certified Financial Forensics accountants.