Urban Design is an approach that provides a city with a shape, form, and character. It is a study of parts of the city that constitute a group of buildings or an integrated Urban Fabric and Focuses on Physical Material Elements such as blocks and the spaces around them and their relationships with each of the second and third dimensions.
Urban design maneuvers around major details that define horizontal and vertical relationships of sectors to identify themes of motion, entrances to buildings and assembly points, and deviation and intersections and overlaps between axes of movement and Visual axes. It deals with city or sector zoning as an Abstract and Urban Designer takes the design rights of ownership or employer and acting within a certain area.
IEREK will host a two-week summer school in advanced Urban Planning & Design. The course will deal with advanced techniques and technologies used in urban designing. It is important to be mentioned that the course will go through a real case study on:
“Designing infrastructure: a key turn in the Urban Landscape, case study the Tor Vergata Rome, Italy”.
This International course is open to under graduates, graduates, Master’s degree and PHD candidate in urban planning, Researchers, Engineers, Scholars from all Universities all around the world as they are all invited to attend and take a great opportunity to:
– Learn from experts in the field.
– Meet a multi-disciplinary team of professionals with extensive practice based experience.
– Master cutting-edge urban design methods.
– Acquire rigorous design and research skills.
– Receive training in architecture design-led research and research-led design.
– Urban design theories with emphasis on critical, conceptual, and design thinking in the process of designing and shaping cities.
– Urban design is an inter-disciplinary subject that utilizes elements of many built environment professions/, including landscape architecture.
– Squares: the open spaces and public spaces and squares of Assembly.
– Borders and boundaries: the linear elements not using population as courses but everyone and be in physical borders like walls and green areas and bridges.
– Strategic design in urban areas.
– Urban design is about making connections between people and places.
– City infrastructure and Renewable Energy distribution.
For applying & Course fees: