For decades, technology leaders like Intel and First Solar have set up shop in our fair state to reap its unique benefits including outstanding weather, strong infrastructure and qualified workforce and, in turn, have contributed a great deal to our economy as well as our innovative culture. Today, more than ever, new start-ups are following suit, springing up everywhere along with community groups like the Arizona Technology Council, the Arizona Science Center and Greater Phoenix Leadership, just to name a few, to help them all succeed. As we mark the new year, it is a great time to take stock of Arizona’s rich history of innovation and to look forward to the exciting future that lies ahead thanks to the contributions of these amazing companies and organizations. To help celebrate our remarkable legacy in innovation, the Arizona Science Center and the Intel Alumni Network’s Arizona Chapter are offering An Evening Celebrating the History of Intel & Innovation in Arizona at the Arizona Science Center on Friday, January 20, 2012. This event marks a unique opportunity for attendees to learn about the history of Arizona innovation and Intel Corporation, sharing unique viewpoints and sparking new ideas along with fellow entrepreneurs, innovators and technologists.
The evening includes:
- Cocktail Reception with hors d’oeuvres (no host bar)
- An exciting panel discussion on Arizona Innovation – Then and Now
- Welcome by Chevy Humphrey, CEO and President, Arizona Science Center
- Moderator: Tom Innes, Arizona Science Center Lifetime Trustee and retired Intel Executive
- Panel Members: Craig Barrett, Retired Intel CEO and Chairman; Doug Davis, Vice President and General Manager, Netbook and Tablet Group; Tom Franz, President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Leadership and retired Intel Vice President; and Steve Zylstra, President and CEO, Arizona Technology Council and Arizona Science Center Trustee
- Screening of the outstanding documentary film, The Real Revolutionaries, about the history of Fairchild Semiconductor and the roots of Intel Corporation
When: Friday, January 20, 2012 | 6:00pm – 9:30pm
Where: Arizona Science Center
600 W. Washington St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Details: $10 per person
Sign up: Call Candice at: 602-716-2000 ext. 2552 by Monday, January 16, 2012