• Public policy successes, including passage of the intrastate
equity crowdfunding and the ride-sharing regulation bills.
• Continued support of the Arizona District Export Council and the signing of a bilateral agreement with Startup Mexico along with the Arizona Business Incubation Association in Mexico City.
• The offering of a pooled-risk, self-insured Employee Benefits Program to our members with 10 to 150 employees.
• The transition we made in the multiple-employer 401(k) plan from our previous partner to Slavic401k and UBS Financial Services.
• The U.S. Economic Development Administration at the Department of Commerce and the Workforce Strategies
Initiative at the Aspen Institute announced the selection of the Arizona Commerce Authority, Arizona Technology Council and Cox Communications as members of a regional site team to participate in the Communities that Work Partnership.
• A joint initiative between ASU, LinkedIn and the Markle Foundation dedicated to improving how people find jobs
and learn new skills, and helping employers find workers.
• The Arizona SciTech Festival’s growth into the nation’s third largest science and technology festival, with more than 50 Arizona communities collaborating around STEM events.
• Our continued support of the Arizona Science Bowl, where middle and high schools throughout the state have proven their science and math intellect.
• The eighth annual CEO retreat held in beautiful Sedona, where more than 100 business owners, presidents and
CEOs attended presentations, participated in workshops, networked and golfed.
• Publishing our inaugural Annual Report and launching a refreshed website to keep our members informed
• The addition of a Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Committee.
• The third StartupConnect AZ conference highlighted by a keynote address from Jeff Hoffman, a founder of Priceline, and a startup pitch competition.
• The addition of 12 newly elected members to our esteemed, world-class board of directors.
• A comprehensive strategic planning session with our board of directors in which we formulated strategies and goals to create and articulate member value; maximize public policy impact; attract, create, develop and retain talent; and
connect innovation capital with entrepreneurs in Arizona.
All member companies will be receiving a copy in the mail this week, but the digital version is available to download here. The future for technology in Arizona is today, and your Council is the place for the members of this industry to connect and grow. Thank you for your continued support!