The Arizona Technology Council is supported by its annual sponsors, in ranging from Visionary Sponsors who support AZTC at the $7,500 level to Premier Sponsors who support AZTC at the $50,000 level. Each sponsor gets a feature to introduce its product, service and company to the Council’s constituents.
Strategy1 is southern Arizona’s leading business consultancy. We are a team of eight with over 200 years of combined business management and consulting experience. Our collective skills and capabilities cover virtually every aspect of growing and running companies, particularly technology companies.
Strategy1’s goals are simple. First, we work to build client partnership and trust through investment and understanding to assure mutual success. Then we strive to improve client profitability by driving growth and enhancing operational effectiveness. We do this through the Strategic Alignment of People, Plans, and Processes. What exactly does that mean?
- Strategic: A defined objective from where we are today to where we want to be, and by when.
- Alignment: All company assets must be pointed toward that strategic objective.
- People: The right person needs to be in the right job at the right time.
- Plans: Proper prior planning prevents poor performance.
- Processes: These are the glue that enables the people to carry out the plans to achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
Taken together these are a powerful force to drive your organization toward its goals. Let me explain.
The Strategy1 Way
Our unique methodology, The Strategy1 Way, is designed to eliminate barriers, promote organizational flow, and create value within the organization. We start with a current issue or challenge and then find the work barriers to change. We then work with people, utilizing Strategy1 tools and techniques, to reduce and dissolve the resistance to change. Once communication flows within the organization, value can be created to successfully increase profitability whether it is through growth or operational improvement.
The Strategy1 Way at work. Here are a few examples:
- An engineering company was landing and completing jobs, but not making any profits. The manager was spending all his time trying to understand where the money was going. Strategy1 introduced three things:
- Defined organizational roles so that everybody was not trying to do everything.
- Documented measurable job processes so that operations were repeatable, not reinvented each time.
- Implemented project management software to track progress on each job.
Improved operations with less rework led to profitable jobs. In addition, the manager had more time to focus on new customers to grow the business.
- A chemical company was having trouble keeping new hires and long-term employees were grumbling about not knowing who was promoted. Strategy1 introduced a Strategic HR plan that tied together job descriptions, recruiting criteria, and performance management. As a result, turnover was reduced and communications greatly improved.
- A manufacturing company was experiencing a steady increase in product breakage and rework, and morale was very low. Every time there was a problem, the Plant Manager intervened rather than letting the supervisors resolve it. Strategy1 set up a coaching plan for the plant manager, a training program for the supervisors, and introduced a simple root cause analysis tool for problem resolution. The result was that the supervisors became the solution, not part of the problem, morale went up, and productivity dramatically increased.
Even when problems, such as these, are easy to identify, finding the right solutions and implementing them is often tricky.
Contact Strategy1 today, and let us show you how to improve your profitability through the Strategic Alignment of People, Plans, and Processes.