. Please Note --> This is a Past Event!! .
10/27/2010 TO 11/5/2010
The Arizona Technology Council is planning its inaugural trade mission to China for the fall of 2010, in conjunction with the Arizona Department of Commerce and the Arizona U.S. Export Assistance Center. China Tour 2010 was arranged to introduce technology companies to business opportunities in China by meeting directly with Chinese government officials, industrial park leaders, peer companies, and Chinese consumers.
An American company with a right China strategy can benefit from China’s growth and China’s increasingly richer 1.4 billion consumers. This trip is an extremely well priced opportunity for Arizona's business leaders and entrepreneurs to combine business with culture and explore a country that is on the forefront of technological innovation.
The Arizona Technology Council China Tour 2010 is ten day, five city adventure consisting of business visits and cultural explorations full of delightful moments and rewards. The five cities that will be explored will include Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Hangzhou, and Suzhou. The China Tour will take place Wednesday, October 27, 2010 through Friday, November 5, 2010.
This tour is for Arizona Technology Council members, non-members involved in technology and manufacturing, and their companions. The tour is operated by China Direct Consulting Group in partnership with China International Travel Services (CITS) or a similar agency and China Airlines or China Eastern Airlines.
Why is the Arizona Technology Council Planning a Trip to China?
Would Should Participate?
- To help Arizona Technology Council member companies investigate business opportunities in China.
- Make direct contacts with people in governments and business communities.
- Allow participants experience the Chinese culture, learn first hand about China’s political and economic systems, traditions, and history.
Why Are These Five Cities Chosen?
- All Arizona Technology Council members and their companions who are interested in business opportunities in China.
- Any Arizona Technology Council members interested in Chinese culture and history.
BEIJING | Day 2, Thursday, October 28 - Day 5, Sunday, October 31 (3 nights)
Beijing is a vibrant mix of history and modernity; national center of politics, economics and culture.
Zhongguancun is China’s Silicon Valley, a must see place to understand China’s investment environment.
Climb the Great Wall and eat Peking Duck!
Accommodations: Beijing Hotel
XIAN | Day 5, Sunday October 31 - Day 7, Tuesday, November 2 (2 nights)
The city of terra cotta museum, the starting point of the Silk Road, and capital of several dynasties.
Friendly business environment with lower labor costs for high quality talents.
Accommodations: Sheraton Xian Hotel
SHANGHAI | Day 7, Tuesday November 2 - Day 9, Thursday, November 4 (2 nights)
The vibrant city of China, China’s financial center, holding World Expo 2010.
China most westernized city with perfect mixture of Chinese and western cultures.
Strong economic incentives for new businesses and abundant availability of English-speaking talents.
Accommodations: Grand Central Hotel | Shanghai
HANGZHOU | Day 9, Thursday, November 4 - Day 10, Friday, November 5 (1 night)
Most beautiful city of China with legendary West Lake, and place of Long Jing Tea.
Town of Chinese Silk
One of key cities of China’s IT technologies, headquarters of Alibaba.
Accommodations: Landison Plaza Hotel | Hangzhou
Famous for its many magnificent gardens, and rivers running through the old town.
Suzhou Industrial Park is jointly developed with Singapore, the best managed and most beautiful industrial
park in China, with the size of almost half of Singapore.
Accommodations: Not staying overnight.
What Will the Business Visits to Industrial Parks Consist Of?
What Will I get out of this Tour?
- Meet with government officials responsible for economic development
- Meet with park leaders and hear their policies and incentives for new business
- Possibly Meet with venture capitalists seeking investment projects
- You present your project and Q & A
- Visit companies in their industrial park
- Tour the park and facilities
- Follow up discussions on your project
- Identify opportunities to grow your business in the most vibrant emerging market.
- Connect with Chinese governments and business communities
- Better understand how the Chinese systems work
- Learn about Chinese cultures and traditions
- Have authentic Chinese meals, including roasted Peking Duck
- Make lots of friends and have lots of fun!
Arizona Technology Council Members: $3700
Additional $700 for one-person single room (standard is double occupancy).
Additional fees for business or first class flight seats, actual fees are available at the time of booking.
Arizona Technology Council Members (with a single room): $4400
Non-Members (with a single room): $4600
Included in the Cost of the Trip:
Excluded in the Cost of the Trip:
- All international and domestic transportation.
- Visa application fee of approximately $150.00 to the embassy and visa service fee of $50 per person.
- All hotels, breakfasts, lunches and group dinners.
- Admission fees to museums and parks.
Want to Learn More? Join the Council next Thursday night at Flemings Steakhouse in Gain
- Transportation to and from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Hotel and restaurant incidentals.
- Shopping and other personal expenses and meals outside group.
- Private train accommodations.
Please try to attend one of these informative sessions or contact Merry Lake Merrell at 480.467.8251 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.